Business Analyst / Programmer / Project Manager (Icon Design Australia Pty Ltd)
November 2004 – July 2012
- Analysed the requirements, designed and built (using PHP, MySQL, HTML and JS) a project management system to assist in the design of airport terminal buildings. The system enabled the client’s staff to carry out support trials performed at new terminal buildings to assess whether the airport terminal was ready for opening. Documentation from the system was used by such organisations as the Dubai Civil Aviation department.
- Responsible for the requirements gathering, design and build of numerous corporate websites (both bespoke and utilising Content Management Systems) for various clients.
- Managing requirements gathering, budgets, expectations and timescales.
- Training end users in how to administer their system.
- Producing user and technical documentation.
Business Analyst / Programmer / Project Manager (Icon Design UK Ltd)
April 2000 – November 2004
- Evaluated the data requirements for Internet Property Finder Ltd, an Internet Property Service to allow them to import data (in various formats and with varying states of data integrity) from real estate agents. Cleaning the data and presenting it to end users via a website (an early equivalent of RealEstate.com.au). Worked with the database team to convert the Entity Relationship Diagrams into DDL (Data Definition Language) in order to provide a data model that provided fast execution of searches.
- Designed (using entity relationship models developed with the client)
- Using Entity Relationship Diagrams and process walkthroughs, designed a system to assist Internet bookings for a company specialising in coaching holidays. Built the back office system to allow the Company to administer their bookings using PHP, MySQL, HTML and JS.
- Designed and built a system to allow a children’s learning centre to manage time recording and client invoicing.