Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service
April 2018 – June 2019
This role is to work as the SCHHS ieMR Implementation team lead, following Prince2, for Kofax, SurgiNet and SAAnaesthesia working with Theatres, Anaesthetics, Endoscopy, Cardiology, Interventional Radiology and Clinical Information service areas to they ensure they are ready for the Cerner Millenium ieMR system to be switched on at both the Sunshine Coast University Hospital (SCUH) and Nambour General Hospital. The ieMR Project was delivered following the Prince2 Project Management methodology.
Notable achievements to date:
- Attended the Cerner led iEMR (Integrated Electronic Medical Records) kick-off sessions to gauge the impact of iEMR being rolled out at the SCHHS on local applications/workflows.
- Produced the Service Implementation profiles for the areas so that Project team members are aware of all the changes being implemented to the areas as a result of ieMR (e.g. End User Computing, workflows, downtime procedures, impacts from other projects etc.)
- Worked with the individual Service teams on how to automatically migrate data e.g. elective surgery booking information, from their existing systems into the new ieMR system in order to minimise rework
- Worked with all the various streams of the Project to ensure that Business areas felt trained, proficient and supported for the system integration
- Provided at-the-elbow Go-live support in Theatres and Procedure rooms to ensure that surgeons, anaesthetists and nursing staff felt supported as they started to use the new systems and workflows
- Planned and managed the Kofax implementation for the Clinical Information department.
- Planned and managed the Kofax upgrade for SCUH Clinical Information department.
- Also assisted with the Emergency Department, Clinical Trials, Pathology and Radiology/Medical Imaging areas to assist them with their workflows and module usage.
Blog posts about ieMR: