Business Analyst / Designer / Project Manager
December 1998 – April 2000
- Responsible for defining the Midas Project Management Methodology and Documentation Standards to be used by all members of the technical staff.
- Responsible for training, guiding and mentoring new project managers and those aspiring to the role.
- Conducted interviews and selected contract staff for deployment on specific projects.
- Responsible for defining the requirements of various projects by producing ERD, DFD and Process Models developed using Oracle Designer 2000. Defined data stores and functions referencing back to the high level design to avoid ‘Scope Creep’. Developed CRUD (Create, Read, Update and Delete) matrices to double-check functionality. Produced low-level design documents for use by the programming team.
- Project Manager responsible for the Motorola Claims Submission project from analysis through to implementation, including monitoring timescales, budgets and reporting to both Midas and Motorola senior management.
- Carried out the analysis and high level design for a new Guinness World Records submission site.
- Responsible for the analysis and design stages of a project for a student travel company (USIT). Responsibility included mentoring a junior Project Manager.
- Carried out the requirements identification and documentation for an indirect access telephony provider. Oracle Designer 200 was used to produce Entity Relationship Diagrams and Business Process Flows.
- Gained Oracle Certified Professional level in the Oracle Developer track.