Sunshine Coast Hospital and Health Service
April 2020 – Current
Principal Project Manager-Pyxis Upgrade Project
This role was to carry out the Project Management function for the Pyxis Upgrade Project, ensuring the successful deployment of version 1.6 of the Pyxis software (via an interim release of v1.4.4) to allow the Sunshine Coast University Hospital (SCUH) and Nambour General Hospital to deploy additional Pyxis medication dispensing stations across the clinical units.
- Produced project artefacts such as the Project Plan, Schedule and RAIDL (Risks, Actions, Issues, Decisions, Lessons Learned).
- Carried out monthly status reporting to enable the Delivery Director for Digital Healthcare Portfolio to report to the Executive.
- Chaired and carried out secretariat duties for the weekly vendor meetings to ensure remote team members were aware of deliverables and kept on track, allowing us to work on any problems collaboratively.
- Assisted with the running of technical meetings between SCHHS local ICT and the vendor to ensure the correct setup of new infrastructure.
- Assisted the Business Analyst with Requirements Definition and Testing documentation.
- Produced the Request for Change (RFC) documentation required to be able to upgrade the non-PRODUCTION and PRODUCTION environments.
- Used HP Quality Centre (ALM) to record software/configuration defects. Liaised with the vendor to ensure that defects were successfully fixed, retested and closed prior to exiting the testing phases.
- Coordinated the upgrades of the non-PRODUCTION and PRODUCTION environments.
- Engaged with the clinical users to ensure that they understood the impacts of the upgrades and to arrange that the station upgrades were carried out at a time most convenient to the clinical area.
- Took part in eHealth Assurance checks for the project.
- Produced Executive briefing materials to assist in gaining the approval to upgrade.
Due to the emerging Covid-19 situation, I was also called upon to assist in the setting up/ICT commissioning of a new ward at SCUH to assist with the SCHHS Covid-19 response. This entailed:
- Documenting ICT requirements using Microsoft Visio floorplans.
- Assisting in the set up and testing of various applications to ensure they had been set up correctly and were ready for use (including ieMR and TrendCare).
- Working with the clinical owners of the applications to assist in their User Acceptance Testing and signoff.
- Producing an ICT Service Overview to provide the business with a detailed inventory of equipment and applications in the area.
- Engaging with the Nurse Unit Manager of the area to ensure that she was happy with the equipment and applications that had been deployed.
- Participating in daily stand-ups to report progress.
Pyxis photos and more about Pyxis Medstations can be found on the BD website